Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with adding a secondary monitor.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gadgetguy1288

gadgetguy1288

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

Im trying to use my LCD HDTV as a secondary monitor, but when I plug it in to the HDMI port on my laptop it automatically makes the TV my main monitor and wont let me switch it in the display settings. The box for "Make this my main monitor" for the laptop screen is greyed out and I can not click on it. I can however extend the screen to the laptop screen.

If you need any other info just let me know but this is killing me.

Thanks,
Randy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:44 PM

I don't understand what you are trying to do, but to change settings like that (at least with windows 7, not sure about vista) press the windows key and X and it brings up windows mobility center and then click connect display and it gives a lot of choices.

#3 gadgetguy1288

gadgetguy1288
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:30 PM

Im trying to keep my laptop screen as my primary monitor, where all my icons and start bar are, but its switching it around so that either my only display is the TV or all my icons and start bar on are on the TV and the laptop screen is the secondary monitor. and it wont let me change it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users