Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

c00d11b1/ wmplayer.exe -bad image/ quartz.dll/ sqmApi.dll/ etc

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PAZZIONATEPHOENIX

PAZZIONATEPHOENIX

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:15 PM

ok ok ok i need sum serious help i have been battling my laptop (dell inspiron 1525) for one week and i keep getting these errors. i have tried NUMEROUS things from different sites i have seen improvement on my laptop buuuut none of my errors are clearing i thought i had to do with updates but i updated literally 32 updates manually because my windows updates was not able to do it itself. then i downloaded codecs and drivers and i still have the same problem(s) all this crap start with those darn windows updates because i was able to use the movie maker before... =-(

i tried to uninstall and i cant find the "windows media player" on the programs and features section of control panel and i wanted to uninstall the update to my wmp 11 but i dont know which one to uninstall. i do not want to uninstall the wrong thing.

i tried the sfc scan also to no avail

i tried the combofix to no avail

i tried ccleaner to no avail

i need to make a yearbook dvd (im using microsoft movie maker 2.6) and its not importing the music and its saying "class not registered" i tried renaming the file and i tried downloading the same song from a different user but it still wont import and the same thing with my power point i tried to insert it and then preview it & it says it can not open the file and gives me "error code c00d11b1"

i tried to use system restore and since i did so many manual updates the restore opinions are all for the same day

if u want to email me i have pictures of the error images "pazzionate phoenix at gmail dot com"

i have a deadline coming up really fast and i need serious help... PLEEEEAAAASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh: :huh: :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:47 PM

A. If you have more than one RAM module installed, try starting computer with one RAM stick at a time.

NOTE Keep in mind, the manual check listed above is always superior to the software check, listed below. DO NOT proceed with memtest, if you can go with option A

B. If you have only one RAM stick installed...
...run memtest...

1. Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)
2. Unzip downloaded memtest86+-....iso.zip file.
3. Inside, you'll find memtest86+-....iso file.
4. Download, and install ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/
5. Insert blank CD into your CD drive.
6. Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc
7. Click on Browse for a file... icon:

Posted Image

8. Locate memtest86+-....iso file, and click Open button.
9. Click on ImgBurn green arrow to start burning bootable memtest86 CD:

Posted Image

10. Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run.

The running program will look something like this depending on the size and number of ram modules installed:

Posted Image

It's recommended to run 5-6 passes. Each pass contains very same 8 tests.

This will show the progress of the test. It can take a while. Be patient, or leave it running overnight.

Posted Image

The following image is the test results area:

Posted Image

The most important item here is the “errors” line. If you see ANY errors, even one, most likely, you have bad RAM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:49 PM

Worth Reading, IMO

Appears to be a legit WMP issue, to me, for WMP 11 & 12.

Other Google Links On Same

Louis

#4 PAZZIONATEPHOENIX

PAZZIONATEPHOENIX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:50 PM

thank you cryptodan i will definately check it out when i get home & i will reply asap when im done to let u kno the results, may i enquire what made u think it was a ram problem because that didnt even ross my mind.

again thanx i will update later

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,489 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

Another MSFT article with a possible fix,if conditions are met.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974905

Error code C00D11B1 when you play an MBR file or a live stream that contains more than 32 media streams in Windows Media Player on a computer that is running Windows XP or Windows Vista
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 PAZZIONATEPHOENIX

PAZZIONATEPHOENIX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:42 AM

@ hamluis, thank you i read the articles and they were interesting thank you. but how can i find out how many rams i have. i brought this laptop like 2 -3 years ago, i dont recall whats in the interior. i know i have about 136g of memory tho... i dont recal =-/

@boopme, i looked up that link and it was for a hotfix but when i filled it out for the email they sent me a link that wasnt valid...

im getting to a very frustrated level... :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,268 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:54 PM

To find out how much RAM is installed...

Start/Run...type msinfo32 and hit Enter.

Total Physical Memory is the last line in the right window. That's how much physical RAM is installed.

Louis

#8 PAZZIONATEPHOENIX

PAZZIONATEPHOENIX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

hamluis again thank you
i believe i only have 1 ram (see attached picture if you like), so i many try the opinion b
lets keep our fingers crossed...

Attached Files

• Attached File  ram.JPG   21.57KB   8 downloads

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,268 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:52 PM

You have 2GB of RAM, which is normally enough for normal Vista operation.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 10 June 2010 - 02:52 PM.

#10 PAZZIONATEPHOENIX

PAZZIONATEPHOENIX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:29 PM

THANK YOU THATS WHAT I WAS THINKING... i noticed something today, every time i power on my laptop right before my msn messanger pops up (during start up) is when the "c:\windows\system32\quartz.dll" pops up, and have have to press ok the 3 times it pops up. and then when i plug something up thats when the "c:\program files\windows portable devices\sqmapi.dll pops up. please see images...

and the latest update is my media player wont pop up at all now. :huh: :huh: :) B) :huh: :huh:

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users