Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

World Cup Football

• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#1 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:06 AM

2010 Football world cup
Who do you think is going to win on saturday?If you are American do you even care about football
I think it will be a 1-1 draw because England always start slowly and don't have a very good squad this time.

No use of the S word please

Edited by boopme, 13 June 2010 - 09:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:55 PM

Finally, someone started talking about A REAL THING! :thumbsup:
I can't wait.
I've been US citizen for 24 years, but originally from Europe (Poland), so surely football is #1.
Let's see, what will happen on Saturday.
US football came a long way and on the other hand England national team has never been too great, unless we go back to 1966 :flowers:, so who knows what will happen??
BTW, I love EPL and....Gunners fan here, so don't kill me....hehehe (my sister just came from London and she brought me brand new Arsenal T-shirt :trumpet:)

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:12 AM

Hey, fellows, the US beat the Aussies in a Friendly game.

That is a Good Team.

I am Proud to see US shape up in Football.

Ray.

Edited by Drovers Dog, 10 June 2010 - 02:14 AM.

What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#4 marktreg

marktreg

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:30 AM

Well, I'm a Brit so I'll obviously be supporting England. :thumbsup:

I think England might pick up a 1-0 or 2-1 win. But I sure it won't be easy. I think the USA have a very good team.

#5 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:59 AM

I find watching sports in general to be pretty boring but especially dislike World Cup type football. About the only sport that is even more boring to watch is golf. One of my daughter's played football (or soccer as it is commonly called in the US) for quite a few years as she was growing up. I went to all of her games and cheered for her and her team but was always bored to tears watching the game.
To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

#6 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:35 AM

Feel Proud that now USA has now a National Team that is Respected, Mate.

Aussies weren't until a few years ago.

Ray

Edited by Drovers Dog, 10 June 2010 - 06:37 AM.

What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#7 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:24 PM

Despite the USA having a decent team now, I think England may win fairly comfortably. We are stronger than we have been in many years, and have a realistic chance of winning the competition for the first time in years.

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,697 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:41 PM

England always had top notch individual players, but it struggled as a team. It's been always a huge mystery to me, why...
Anyway, I have to wake up tomorrow morning at 6:30AM to see the first game....

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#9 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:44 PM

There are a bunch of American Football teams. Being from Atlanta, i am partial to the Falcons. When you say England, do you mean the Patriots?

:thumbsup:

#10 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,697 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

I see no reason to call American footbal "a football" since no feet are involved, except for running and a kicker couple of times per game....LOL

My Website

p4433470.gif

#11 Net_Surfer

Net_Surfer

• Banned
  • 2,154 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 04:26 AM

Hello guys and girls,

:flowers: Since this topic already started I have something to add to it....Three Links!!....and Yes I will be watching every one of them. :thumbsup:

10 must-see group stage matches

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/worldcu...;photo=11262112

World Cup

By Stewart Coggin, About.com Guide to World Soccer
The 2010 South African World Cup is upon us and you can find out everything you need to know about the teams and players right here.

1. The Favorites
2. In With a Chance
3. Middle Pack
4. Rank Outsiders
5. Players to Watch

6. Player Profiles
7. Classic Videos
8. Legends
9. General Information

The Favorites
Fabio Cannavaro of Italy holds the World Cup aloft in 2006

Six teams are regarded as genuine contenders to lift the trophy on July 11, 2010. Of these, only Spain have failed to win the World Cup, while Brazil have won it a record five times, the last of those coming in 2002. Italy are the holders, having won the tournament in 2006.

* Brazil
* Spain
* England

* Germany
* Argentina
* Italy

http://worldsoccer.about.com/od/internatio...rldcup.htm?nl=1

Watching the World Cup unfold on Twitter at http://twitter.com/worldcup/worldcup

Enjoy!

Regards
Net_Surfer

Edited by Net_Surfer, 11 June 2010 - 05:07 AM.

#12 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,697 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:57 AM

A horrible referee call for non-existing offside takes away a goal for Mexico. It shouldn't have happened at World Cup level.
Edit: After rethinking the case, the call was correct.

Edited by Broni, 11 June 2010 - 12:53 PM.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#13 trollocks

trollocks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:40 AM

Its now just a few hours until kick off and i am off to the pub to watch the match,if we lose i will get very very drunk,if we win i will get very very drunk,oh lets face it i will be very drunk whatever happens.

#14 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,697 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:49 AM

I wish, you'll have to get drunk...LOL

My Website

p4433470.gif

#15 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:09 PM

Just minutes away from kickoff(?). DO they call the start of a soccer game kick off? GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait, that's my college football team. :thumbsup:

USA USA USA

Edited by DeathStalker, 12 June 2010 - 01:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users