Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Sudden SLOW Down

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tjboo

tjboo

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:19 AM

I don't get it. Suddenly my firefox has become soooooooo slow at loading web pages. IE8 is even faster than it now. Its nearly unusable. It loads even lite sites likes facebook for a long time. However my transfer rate is still around normal at like 1mbps when downloading stuff.

Any ideas as to WTF is going on?

EDIT- Also downloaded Chrome. Thats just as bad if not worse. Did a Spyboy S&D scan and caught nothing. Doing MBAM atm. Any ideas?

Edited by tjboo, 09 June 2010 - 09:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:00 AM

You might try clearing the cache in Firefox. This usually helps me if pages get laggy. :thumbsup:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:43 PM

If all browsers are slow I'd definitely check for an infection.

See also...
Close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Same thing?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users