Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Start Computer

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Teito

Teito

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:11 AM

When i press the power button of my desktop. It does not show anything in the monitor and it just a black screen. But my CPU keep giving me a sound 'tik tik tik tik' none stop. Anyone know what is the problem and how to solve it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gforce321

gforce321

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:31 AM

Sounds like your hardware is damaged. Do you get any beeps or flashing lights?
Back up my Hard Drive? It has a reverse?

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:34 AM

It sounds like you may have a bad hard drive. I have heard this tick tick many times. If you feel comfortable enough, open the case and listen to the drive. I have a "last resort" suggestion. Turn the computer off, remove the drive, and bump it with the palm of your hand on its small side. (Not the side with the circuit board or the opposite side). Sometimes that unsticks the drive. Worth a shot if the drive is dead.

Good luck.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#4 Teito

Teito
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:40 AM

Sounds like your hardware is damaged. Do you get any beeps or flashing lights?

What beeps you mean? Dont have any flash lights.. What i heard is just a sound coming out from my CPU..

It sounds like you may have a bad hard drive. I have heard this tick tick many times. If you feel comfortable enough, open the case and listen to the drive. I have a "last resort" suggestion. Turn the computer off, remove the drive, and bump it with the palm of your hand on its small side. (Not the side with the circuit board or the opposite side). Sometimes that unsticks the drive. Worth a shot if the drive is dead.

Good luck.

You mean take out the hard drive only and hit the hard drive?

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:21 AM

That is a last resort, but yes. That is what I have experienced with that sound - if we are hearing the same thing.

Hold that thought though - you should be at least seeing a splash screen when you first power the computer on. If you aren't seeing anything, you may first wish to reseat the memory. Are you comfortable with going inside the computer?

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#6 Teito

Teito
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:24 AM

That is a last resort, but yes. That is what I have experienced with that sound - if we are hearing the same thing.

Hold that thought though - you should be at least seeing a splash screen when you first power the computer on. If you aren't seeing anything, you may first wish to reseat the memory. Are you comfortable with going inside the computer?

Ya, im comfortable to go inside the computer but i dont know how to solve the problem.

#7 Teito

Teito
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:34 AM

When i first power on, my monitor didnt appear any splash light or flashing light. I just heard a tik tik sound coming out from my CPU. I taken off the computer case, i heard the sound came out is right behind my power button, but i dont know how to do it. Before that i already tried to remove my hard drive and hit it and put it back but it does not work. Any more solutions? The sound came right behind my power on button. It tik every 0.5 sec.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:57 AM

If possible...I would try a different PSU. Seems to me that a minimal amount of power is being applied to all components, which would at least have me start with the PSU.

You only need access to another PSU for a few seconds, long enough to see if there is a change in bootability :thumbsup:.

Louis

#9 Teito

Teito
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:00 AM

If possible...I would try a different PSU. Seems to me that a minimal amount of power is being applied to all components, which would at least have me start with the PSU.

You only need access to another PSU for a few seconds, long enough to see if there is a change in bootability :thumbsup:.

Louis

What is PSU? Anyway, before that my computer was working but suddenly it came out thiis problem.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:35 AM

Power Supply Unit...this provides/routes electricity to all components.

Louis

#11 Teito

Teito
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:40 AM

Power Supply Unit...this provides/routes electricity to all components.

Louis

Is there other way without using another PSU? Because i cannot find another PSU.

#12 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:26 AM

but suddenly it came out thiis problem.

So it is working now?

#13 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:26 AM

A "tik tik tik" sound can be the noise that a stuck fan can produce. Usually when describing a failing hard drive it would be more of a metal clank. Just my two cents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users