Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to create a free or very low cost informative website?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 neroman00

neroman00

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:09 AM

Dear all

Hi,

I am trying to create a very simple informative website. Some providers like Microsoft and Google provide more than enough web space for this! If someone would like to follow one of this providers the only cost would be a domain name or domain names (optional) which they could be forwarded and pointed into provider link pages. For example, now I tried to create (just for experience) a new website under Microsoft webspace: cyoffshoreservices.web.officelive.com/default.aspx and also the same under Google webspace: sites.google.com/site/cyoffshoreservices/home

The positive with those providers, I think, they do not use Web Builder Programs for the design of a free website and also I found google's design better and more easily with the EDIT HTML management option per each webpage you create. Another ADVANTAGE with google is the webspace being provided under the secure https.

I would like to hear your comments before I proceed and finalise the above (DRAFT) websites taking into consideration to use them for commercial reasons. I do not wanna spend my time and effort and at a later stage have any problems.

Just to let you know, I would like to create those INFORMATIVE websites in order to spread and advertise / promoting their content and material for the purpose of find and attract new customers! Then, the interested party/ a potential client should CONTACT me, BY USING MY WEBSITE CONTACT FORM!

Please give me your suggestions!

Many thanks!
NM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:04 AM

If you have a registered domain name, then why not use a free web host like www.byethost.com ? That way you will have more control over your web site. I gave an example of Byethost.com as I use it personally, there are many others if you look up google. It provides free email address for your domain name, php, mysql, ftp and many more. For small scale site or personal site its free service is good.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:08 PM

I've had experiences with Freehostia.com as a free hosting service. A very good web host (for the price.)

#4 Taomech

Taomech

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:16 AM

I have to second Romeo29,
Byethost are a very good free host. The support is quick and helpful, replying to my ticket within a hour. There is one downside and that is security. When I say security, I do not mean through unpatched vulnerabilities etc. I am referring to their customer support. I was able to get the username and password of an account with very little authentication. However, overall they are very good and I would definitely recommended them.

Thanks,
Taomech

#5 neroman00

neroman00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:25 AM

If you have a registered domain name, then why not use a free web host like www.byethost.com ? That way you will have more control over your web site. I gave an example of Byethost.com as I use it personally, there are many others if you look up google. It provides free email address for your domain name, php, mysql, ftp and many more. For small scale site or personal site its free service is good.

Thanks, I will try it and I will inform you with my comments!

#6 neroman00

neroman00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:27 AM

I've had experiences with Freehostia.com as a free hosting service. A very good web host (for the price.)

Thanks, I will check their rates and I will get back to you.

#7 neroman00

neroman00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:36 AM

I have to second Romeo29,
Byethost are a very good free host. The support is quick and helpful, replying to my ticket within a hour. There is one downside and that is security. When I say security, I do not mean through unpatched vulnerabilities etc. I am referring to their customer support. I was able to get the username and password of an account with very little authentication. However, overall they are very good and I would definitely recommended them.

Thanks,
Taomech

Thanks for the update! Your comment has to pass to them in order to consider and improve this point. When you do your comment is an asset for them and the company in order to become better!

Might Romeo29 wish to inform them! :thumbsup:

NM

#8 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:56 AM

@neroman,
Instead of making multiple posts, would you please simply edit your posts so that the threads remain easy to follow? Thanks.

#9 neroman00

neroman00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 04:02 PM

Ok ! I am not so familiar with this :thumbsup:

I think is better to avoid replies using ""quote function

Thanks for the update!

#10 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:22 PM

After you are done creating the site, you could register yourself a domain at Namecheap.
Pricing info available here. (Look for some discount-coupon codes)

Edited by ReviverSoft, 11 June 2010 - 06:23 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#11 neroman00

neroman00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:03 AM

MY QUESTION HAS BEEN MODIFIED
Dear all,

Please tell me your thoughts, opinions, suggestions as per my discussion below:

["Dear experts, My questions:

I would like to start a new business which it will provide International Financial Services and other Professional and Consulting Services as well.
I would like to know which would be the appropriate name and I am between: Goldmine Services or Goldmind Services!

Please advice :thumbsup:

Thanks
NM"]

FIRST REPLY - TO MY QUESTIONS BY Mister Micawber

Well, neither seems to relate favorably to the business you describe, but 'Goldmine' at least makes sense.

SECOND REPLY - TO MY QUESTIONS BY Mr Word

"Goldmine Services" sounds to me like a dodgy get-rich-quick scheme based in some dodgy country.

(And "Goldmind" sounds like a word made up to sound like "Goldmine".)

LAST REPLY BY ME

Thanks!

I acknowledge that this might be without to relate favorably but the concept is to attract foreign customers who would like to establish an offshore or/and an international company or use my services for their benefit in order to reduce their taxes! Thats why I have to think about a name which has to do with: money saving or money gain or tax reducing!

I am open for any suggestions!

Thanks
NM

Edited by neroman00, 15 June 2010 - 01:15 PM.

#12 Taomech

Taomech

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:34 AM

Neroman00,
What are we meant to be reviewing? Eg. Theme, graphics, colour, content etc.
I find the site a bit confusing and it took me a few minutes to work out its purpose.

Thanks,
Taomech

#13 neroman00

neroman00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:25 AM

Dear Taomech,

MY QUESTION HAS BEEN MODIFIED

Did you see my modified post?

Thanks
NM

#14 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:25 AM

Goldmine sounds good. Goldmind sounds bogus.

#15 Liberos

Liberos

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:04 AM

You can create a website with uCoz for free.

It is a simple yet powerful website builder. You do not have to be a professional web designer for using this tool. This tool can even make an existing site more rich and remarkable by expanding it with new capabilities in a very easy way.

In addition to free unlimited space hosting with a built-in content management system, the users have access to plenty of other features: blog, forums, photo albums, guestbook and many other tools to make their own website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users