Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to disable the taskbar tab preview in Win7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 neroman00

neroman00

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:30 AM

Hi,

There is a feature into WIN 7 which I cannot disable. I do not want to see a tab preview each time I place my pointer to a tab which is located at my taskbar. I tried to disable the check box from my Taskbar and Start Menu Properties > Taskbar> Preview desktop with Aero Peek, but the check box is already unchecked and disable!

I also found a tutorial at: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/83 ... n-off.html and I tried ALL OPTIONS without any positive result!

Lastly in order to disable Aero Peek I have download the last option NUMBER FOUR from this toutorial as follows:

To Disable Aero Peek -

A) Click on the Download button below to download the
Disabled_Aero_Peek.zip file.

3. Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.

4. Open the .zip file and extract the .reg file to the desktop.

5. Right click the .reg file (On Desktop) and click on Merge.

6. Click on Run, Yes, and OK when prompted.

7. Log off and log on, or restart the computer.

8. When done, you can delete the downloaded .reg and .zip files on the desktop if you like.

BUT STILL NOTHING!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:07 PM

What you want to disable is "thumbnails". Follow the tutorial here using gpedit.msc http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/118399-t...le-disable.html

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 neroman00

neroman00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:19 AM

Please see the attached screenshot and what i would like to disable, is pointed by an arrow.

Posted Image

Thanks
NM

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:46 AM

This may help: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/taskbar-thumbnail-preview-in-windows-7/
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users