I also use Firefox 3.6.3.
I have the following applications on my laptop:
- Ad-Aware Free Edition
- Superanti Spyware Free Edition
- Spyboy SD
- Zone Alarm
- Advanced System Care 3
- AVG Free Edition
1. When I browse the web, I keep getting redirected by WellAction.com and it also causes another blank page to pop up saying Google Analytics or Google Redirect.
2. I cannot do any updates to the following programs:
- Ad-Aware (This tells me I have a connection error when I do a web update)
- SuperAnti Spyware Free Edition (This update just hangs at SASKUTIL.SYS)
- Spybot SD (Does not even start at all)
3. My computer is running slower even after I installed a new 1GB Critical RAM.
4. Outlook is not starting at all.
5. Windows Explorer frequently gets into an error and have to close with the message "Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience." This happens when I am transferring files from laptop to external hard drive.
What have I done so far:
1. I disabled System Restore and restarted the windows and logged into SAFE MODE.
2. I started up AVG, Ad-Aware, SuperAnti Spyware and Advanced System Care 3.
3. AVG Found nothing.
4. Ad-Aware removed a high-security malware.
5. SuperAnti Spyware removed 154 tracking cookies.
6. Advanced System Care 3 found nothing in the Spyware/Malware scan.
7. Restarted computer and I am still getting problems. My Outlook has stopped working.
8. I still cannot do any updates to Ad-Aware and SuperAnti Spyware.
9. SpybotSD is still not working.
So please help. I am really at my wits end.
Edited by f130978, 08 June 2010 - 06:07 PM.