Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search Hijacker (elusive)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rolfman

Rolfman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:38 PM

My results in yahoo and google are occasionally being redirected to foreign sites with a funny logo like a snake. I have tried several malware programs and they can't find anything. Google Chrome will not load a page. I was helping someone and when they connected to my network a virus program installed itself automatically and is how I got the virus. I have deactivated all addons and extensions as well as reset internet explorer. I have used hijack to remove activex objects and helper objects. I do not know where else this hijacker is being loaded, and would appreciate if anyone could tell me where these objects are loaded in the registry. I have also checked the hosts file.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:01 AM

Hello Rolfman

Welcome to BleepingComputer smile.gif
==========================
Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
  • Right click on the file and choose extract all extract the file to your desktop then run it.
  • If prompted to restart the computer type in Y then it will restart.
  • Or if you are prompted with a hidden service warning do go ahead and delete it.
  • Once completed it will create a log in your C:\ drive
  • Please post the contents of that log

Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

#3 Rolfman

Rolfman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:13 PM

I downloaded tdskiller and it has removed the spyware and Chrome will now work. Thanks. I had done this before your post however by looking at help topics on the chrome website, but I will post the tdskiller log anyway. I had tried combofix before tdskiller and it had noticed the RDPCDD.sys file was not the correct copy and copied over it but never got rid of the spyware. When tdskiller copied over the RDPCDD.sys file it corrected the spyware problem. I will attach the combofix log as well.

Attached Files

#4 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:41 AM

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor Trojan\Rootkit.

If this computer is ever used for on-line banking, I suggest you do the following immediately:

1. Call all of your banks, credit card companies, financial institutions and inform them that you may be a victim of identity theft and to put a watch on your accounts or change all your account numbers.

2. From a clean computer, change ALL your on-line passwords for email, for banks, financial accounts, PayPal, eBay, on-line companies, any on-line forums or groups you belong to.

Do NOT change passwords or do any transactions while using the infected computer because the attacker will get the new passwords and transaction information.
==================
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here.

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatley.
=====
Please do a scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner

Note: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.

Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.
  • The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
  • After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer
  • This will start the program and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
  • Now, click on the Save Report as button.
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users