Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I still infected?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Quick

Joe Quick

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:32 PM

This is my first post here so I hope, I am including enough information for everyone.

Avira gave me the following warnings:
Virus or unwanted program 'TR/Spy.Gen [trojan]'
detected in file 'C:\System Volume Information\_restore{983BB79F-B0C6-4BFD-8E0A-77383CDD984D}\RP1894\A0177583.cmd.
Action performed: Deny access

Virus or unwanted program 'TR/Keylogger.MUI [trojan]'
detected in file 'C:\System Volume Information\_restore{983BB79F-B0C6-4BFD-8E0A-77383CDD984D}\RP1894\A0177577.dll.
Action performed: Deny access

I know I will need to turn off/ then on my system restore to completely remove the items.
Before I do that I wanted to make sure everything else is ok.

I am including my hijackthis log

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:32 PM

Hello Joe Quick

Welcome to BleepingComputer smile.gif
========================
I don't see anything malicious in your log.
Turning off then back on again with the system restore points will remove those threats.
Other than that you are all set.

The following are some articles and a Windows Update link that I like to suggest to people to prevent malware and general PC maintenance.

Windows Updates - It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.

Prevention article To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections please read the Prevention artice by Miekiemoes.

If your computer is slow Is a tutorial on what you can do if your computer is slow.

File sharing program dangers Reasons to stay away from File sharing programs for ex: BitTorrent,Limewire,Kazaa,emule,Utorrent,Limewire etc...
Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

#3 Joe Quick

Joe Quick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:08 PM

Kahdah: Thanks for assistance and confirmation. I have have deleted and created new restore points and rescanned. Everything came up clean.

Elise025: I apologize as I did not mean to bump my tread. I saw all the page views as assumed that since there were no replies, nothing stuck out as a problem. Thank you for your understanding.

#4 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

You are welcome smile.gif

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. smile.gif

If your the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact me via pm with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users