Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE just pops up to go do different sites?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 metalfreak

metalfreak

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:48 PM

Hi guys,

Edit: Whops typo. What happened was, IE will auto pop up afew times at one shot to go to different sites. I can still close them but they come back after a certain time frame.

I use Firefox most of the time and I don't use IE. I've ran combofix as usual but no avail.

This happened after I installed CaptureNX2.2.4 sad.gif My kaspersky did detect a trojan.

The trojan was called Trojan.Win32.Vilsel.wil or something. And according to the AV, it was deleted.

Attached are my combofix log and hijackthis(ran after combofix).

Thanks guys! Also thanks SuBs for the good work! but i guess I really done it this time. I was desperate to install the software. Sigh

Attached Files

Edited by metalfreak, 08 June 2010 - 01:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 04:30 PM

Hi metalfreak,

Welcome to Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal (VTSMR) forum. I am going to assist you with your problem.

Please refrain from making any changes to your system (scanning or running other tools, updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might interfere with our fixes. Please let me know in your next reply if you agree with this.
  1. In case you have run ComboFix again please attach the latest log located here: C:\combofix.exe

2. Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
    Download Mirror #1
    Download Mirror #2
    • Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
    • Copy the content of the following codebox into the main textfield:
      CODE
      :filefind
      calc.*
      mstsc.*
    • Click the Look button to start the scan.
    • When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
    Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt

3. Click on this link--> virustotal

Click the browse button. Copy and paste the lines in bold in the open box, then click Send File after pasting one line. You will only be able to have one file scanned at a time.

c:\windows\system32\calc.exe

c:\windows\system32\mstsc.exe

If the file is analyzed before, click Reanalyse File Now button.
    Please copy and paste the results of the scan in your next post.

#3 metalfreak

metalfreak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:26 AM

Hi farbar

Thanks for the reply. I'll only get to try that out tomorrow when I'm home.

I've manage to sort of clear the calc and mstsc.exe error/infection. I'll attach the log I have some time tomorrow. THanks buddy!

#4 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,730 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:39 AM

I've manage to sort of clear the calc and mstsc.exe error/infection.

In that case please don't do the steps in the previous post and tell me if you have any issues at the moment. I might need other logs if there is any issue.

#5 metalfreak

metalfreak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:26 AM

Hi Farbar

Attached is my latest combofix, hijackthis and kaspersky (scanlog)

The IE pop up is still happening sad.gif

Attached Files

#6 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,730 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:48 AM

From my first post:

Please refrain from making any changes to your system (scanning or running other tools, updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might interfere with our fixes. Please let me know in your next reply if you agree with this.

I'm not able to fight the malware and at the same time keep an eye on the victim's actions. I'm closing the topic.

Edited by farbar, 14 June 2010 - 09:12 AM.

#7 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,730 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:59 AM

Form PM:

Hey dude

Sorry I miss read =.= I didnt mean to perform actions on my own. Can we continue where we left off?

Seems you have already an ongoing topic her and a very good colleague of mine is assisting you:http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1451429/+40

More reason to close this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users