Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not a techie

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dilemmaemma

dilemmaemma

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:03 AM

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum.
I love computers and technology but have little background in either. That does not mean I do not want to or can not learn. I would like to better understand how these tools work.
I am the type of person who would rather do and understand processes myself than pay someone else and still remain ignorant. (This has less to do with frugality and more with wanting to know EVERYTHING I can soak up.)
Right now I am having virus problems and though I have a computer repair facility fifty feet from my home, bringing my desktop there won't make me any wiser. I hope I can fix it myself and learn much in the process.
I hope you won't tease me too much about how archaic my equipment is but instead, maybe I can learn here how to update it to do more and run faster without filling a landfill by buying a newer model.
Cheers!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:49 AM

That's a great attitude! I'm sure if you stick with it you will learn plenty.
To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

#3 dilemmaemma

dilemmaemma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:02 AM

Thanks Strolln! I don't think it out of my reach because I am very mechanical. I can fix just about anything else in my home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users