Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting external traffic blocked by Norton

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#16 schrauber

schrauber

Mr.Mechanic

• Malware Response Team
  • 24,794 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:55 AM

I saw that these IP adresses were related to Comcast, thats why I asked you about the ISP smile.gif.

I cant find a real answer for the comcast.com/comcast.net problem with my research. Best would be to contact your ISP and ask, let me know what they say please smile.gif
regards,
schrauber

Posted Image
Posted Image

If I've not posted back within 48 hrs., feel free to send a PM with your topic link. Thank you!

If I have helped you then please consider donating to continue the fight against malware Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 schrauber

schrauber

Mr.Mechanic

• Malware Response Team
  • 24,794 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

Still with me?
regards,
schrauber

Posted Image
Posted Image

If I've not posted back within 48 hrs., feel free to send a PM with your topic link. Thank you!

If I have helped you then please consider donating to continue the fight against malware Posted Image

#18 1derboy

1derboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:04 PM

Hey Tom,

I'm still with you. I haven't contacted my ISP yet. A friend of mine found this article about Norton possibly creating an error because it is misunderstanding the traffic that is coming through. What do you think? Here is the article. http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-s...010050107362048

If that is the case then I will probably need to let our computer guy who issued the computer add an exception to let the traffic through. Hopefully he can figure that out. Our Symantic Endpoint Protection is managed rather then being to update it or access a lot of its features he has them locked out. Any thoughts on this? Any ideas about how to add the exception without having to give the computer back?

Let me know,

Chris

#19 schrauber

schrauber

Mr.Mechanic

• Malware Response Team
  • 24,794 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:39 AM

Could be that this is related to this article, but I can't really say. And I don't know how to add this exception.

I will probably need to let our computer guy who issued the computer add an exception

Is he able to do this?
regards,
schrauber

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 schrauber

schrauber

Mr.Mechanic

• Malware Response Team
  • 24,794 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:14 AM

Still with me?
regards,
schrauber

Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 1derboy

1derboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:19 AM

Yes Tom I am still with you. I'm going to see tomorrow about having an exception added for these 2 ip addresses when I'm in the office and able to speak with our Network support guy face to face and see if this is an easy fix. Hopefully he doesn't then go through the whole process that you and I have already gone through trying to resolve this issue and can just apply the fix. I have not contact Comcast yet, but I do plan to do so. I'll post a reply here as soon as I have a resolution to this problem. Thanks again for all your help.

Chris

#22 schrauber

schrauber

Mr.Mechanic

• Malware Response Team
  • 24,794 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:23 PM

Ok smile.gif
regards,
schrauber

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 schrauber

schrauber

Mr.Mechanic

• Malware Response Team
  • 24,794 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:54 AM

Still with me?
regards,
schrauber

Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 schrauber

schrauber

Mr.Mechanic

• Malware Response Team
  • 24,794 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:23 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.
If you need this topic reopened, please PM a staff member and we will reopen it for you (include the address of this thread in your request). This applies to the original topic starter only. Everyone else with similar problems, please start a new topic.
regards,
schrauber

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users