Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Filecure

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Maybaby

Maybaby

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:12 AM

Can anyone advise on how to get rid of Paretologic's Filecure. By all accounts it looks like something I don't want to have, but I'm wary o downloading uninstall software in case it gets me something worse.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pareto Rep

Pareto Rep

Authorized Paretologic Representative

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

Hello Maybaby

We sincerely regret to hear of the difficulties that you are experiencing with FileCure and would like to do all that we can to assist you.

If you are encountering difficulties with the uninstallation process, we are going to ask that you reinstall FileCure before uninstalling once more.

To reinstall FileCure, please follow the instructions below:

Please visit the direct download link and follow the prompts:

http://www.filecure.com/download/revenuewire/

To uninstall FileCure, please follow the instructions below:

Before uninstalling FileCure, please ensure the program is fully closed down. FileCure closes to the system tray for easy access and will appear as a miniature FileCure icon located near your clock. FileCure must be manually closed down via the task bar by right clicking on it and selecting “exit” prior to uninstalling.

If you have Windows Vista or 7:

1. Click “Start” -> “Control Panel”.
* If you are using Vista: select “Control Panel Home” in the left pane.
2. Follow the instructions below according to your “view” options:
* Panel View [default]: In the “Programs” section, click the “Uninstall a Program” option.
* Classic/Icon View: Click the “Programs and Features” option.
3. Select “ParetoLogic FileCure” and click the “Uninstall” button.

If you have Windows XP:

1. Click “Start” -> “Control Panel”.
* If you are using “Classic View”: “Start” -> “Settings” -> “Control Panel”.
2. Click “Add or Remove Programs”.
3. Select “ParetoLogic FileCure” and click “Remove”.

If you continue to experience difficulties with FileCure’s uninstallation after following the instructions above, could you please let us know which operating system you are currently using and whether it is a 32 or 64-bit by visiting our online support site at http://techsupport.paretologic.com/plsuppo...umer/search.asp Our Technical Support Team is on standby for live chat or phone support and will do all they can to assist you with your concerns.

We look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you.

Kindest Regards
Laura
Paretologic Liaison

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:57 AM

Instead of using Windows Add Remove, I suggest you download and install Revo Uninstaller. This will do a more thorough removal than Add Remove, which USUALLY leaves behind traces of a program. Scroll down and click on the link for the Freeware Version.

To use Revo, after choosing the program you want to uninstall, you'll be given a choice of 4 options. Choose Advanced.
After the program is uninstalled if asked do you want to reboot, tell it NO. click NEXT to scan for leftover registry entries. When the entries appear, check the BOLDED items.

If you see any + signs, click on them until you see more BOLDED entries. Check those also.

Then delete. The next screen will show any leftover files and folders which you can delete.

After the process is complete, reboot if one is needed.

Concerning the statement by Pareto Rep

If you are encountering difficulties with the uninstallation process, we are going to ask that you reinstall FileCure before uninstalling once more.

this should be done ONLY if you encounter problems when uninstalling.

If you have any issues related to FileCure after uninstalling (specifically an error loading message), please post here in this topic.

edit to add: Because I am curious person and because another ParetoLogic program invaded my computer in the past, I decided to check into FileCure. I installed it. Opened and ran it. Results are 3 categories which tell me to Fix Problem.

I clicked on Fix Now, and get taken to Pareto website, where I am told I need to register because

A valid email is required in order for us to send you the license key and instructions to activate your product

I used one of the emails I have for "junk" stuff, 30 minutes later still no email with a key and instructions.

Hit submit, and was presented with the following page. Now I'm wondering if one has to PURCHASE the product BEFORE a license key is sent. I've looked and don't see anything that says xxx number of days trial OR purchase must be made in order to receive the key. If you did not purchase this program, don't bother to run it because at this point it appears you have to pay for it first before it will actually "fix" problems.

Posted Image

2nd edit to add: What happened when uninstalling FileCure. (got the same thing with Revo Uninstaller and Windows Add Remove)

Clicked on File Cure in Revo to uninstall. Immediately after confirming that I want to delete the program a box popped up.
"Are you sure you want to Uninstall FileCure? Uninstall, Get It Free, Cancel"

Once again my curiousity led me to choose Get It Free. Why was I not surprised to see the page telling me "Get it free with TrialPay!
Try or buy one offer from your preferred brands and get your favorite products—free. TrialPay uses money from the advertiser to pay for your product. It's that easy."

Yes folks, in order to get it free you have to enter your name and email address, then choose something to purchase. I did not get past the first screen, I did not submit my name and email address. Some of those offers would likely cost more than program itself.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 09 June 2010 - 09:18 AM.

#4 jackz4000

jackz4000

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:32 PM

I just got suckered into Parteo Filecure and I uninstalled it from the control panel when I read all the negative reports about it. Should I worry?

#5 Maybaby

Maybaby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:31 AM

You need to use Revo Uninstaller, which did the trick for me a year ago. The Control Panel route isn't enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users