Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do i have to uninstall Advanced SystemCare?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 William Wilson

William Wilson

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:58 AM

I have been using Advanced SystemCare for a long time and it works well. Although it is free but I still trust its perfomance. While I am warned by norton to uninstall it for quite a time, I am surprised because they were never incompatible before. Is this OK? Do I have to uninstall Advanced SystemCare? :thumbsup:

Edited by William Wilson, 08 June 2010 - 01:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:56 AM

This should probablymoved to the security section. You shouldn't have two anti virus ptograms running as they will conflict.

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:04 PM

Advanced System Care is not an antivirus, so it should work fine along regular AV program.
There are two issues regarding ASC, though...
1. It has registry cleaner section and the registry is better left alone. Here is why: http://miekiemoes.blogspot.com/2008/02/reg...weaking_13.html
2. ASC is created iObit company, which has rather questionable ways of conducting its business. See IOBit Steals Malwarebytes' Intellectual Property: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=29681

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:39 PM

We had an article a while ago on the BC main page discussing item #2 that Broni references.
It is for that reason that I quit using ASC

Personally I did not think it did a very good job. If you watch the malware scan, it checks for very minimal items.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 Mike Jettson

Mike Jettson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:41 AM

Hey

ASC is not a antivirus program, it is for windows optimization. This free software has a good performance, I do not think you, William is urged to uninstall it.

Hey

ASC is not a antivirus program, it is for windows optimization. This free software has a good performance, I do not think you, William is urged to uninstall it.

#6 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:52 AM

I have had Advanced System Care and uninstalled it.

Any Program that attempts to clean the registry,is not good.

Todays Large Hard Drives really don't need Registry Cleaners,IMO

#7 JasonHJ

JasonHJ

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:53 AM

Hi Guys, I think you needn't uninstall Advanced SystemCare. I didn't use Advanced SystemCare, but I use Norton. One of my friend recommended me Advanced SystemCare. I think I will try it in future.
I just happened to see an article about the compatibility issues between Norton and Advanced SystemCare. It says: According to IObit's iterative and serious tests and feedback from millions of users, there is absolutely no compatibility problem!
If you want to check the original article, please click http://newsblaze.com/story/20100519091950z...b/topstory.html

Incase if you want to use Advanced SystemCare along with Norton, when you install the Norton product, you will get an option to skip the "Incompatible application detected" message. Then you can continue with the installation.

I hope it's useful for you. :thumbsup:

#8 William Wilson

William Wilson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:58 AM

Hi JasonHJ, thanks for your tips. I just skiped the step, requiring for the uninstallment of asc.

It really works.
thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users