Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 windspirit

windspirit

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:12 AM

:angry My computer keeps crashing and telling me that it is dumping physical memory. It crashes and then a blue screen appears with some sort of jargon across the top. I have to reboot constantly, and most of the time it's when I am in the middle of doing something extremely important.

Can someone PLEASE advise me as to what I can do to stop this.

Also, my MS word has quit working. It says that .exe has generated errors and will shut down and I cannot begin to even open any Word files at all. I have already tried removing and reloading the programme, still does not work, have already reformatted hard drive, still nothing. So as you can see this computer is causing me undue stress, and I need your expert advice. It will be most appreciated.

I am in South Africa and have wireless connection, therefore I am online 24/7, so please just let me know when you can and will help and I will be here.

I am on Yahoo IM as XXXXXXX, so please if you need to chat with me, just tell me that you are helping me with computer, otherwise I ignore those not on my list. Hope you understand.

Feel the gentle breeses of the Windspirits

The Jargon on the Blue Screen is as follows:
***STOP: 0X000000D1 (0x0000003C, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X0000003C)
Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal
Beginning dump of physical memory

Ok, that's it. Hope you can make heads or tails of this, because I sure cannot!

(moderator edit: removed IM name and enhanced topic title. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 08 October 2005 - 10:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:33 AM

See if this helps:
Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:40 AM

Scroll down to the appropriate error message:

Troubleshooting Stop Messages

Is Word properly updated?

http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/41669/41669.html ]Using Event Viewer[/URL]

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 08 October 2005 - 10:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users