Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SuperAntiSpyware popup Home Page Change Detected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kendra71

Kendra71

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:36 PM

Please bear with me. This is the first time I've ever used a posting in a forum, and I hope I get it right. I signed up for BC over the weekend after my husband (who wouldn't spend the $$ for antivirus/malware protection) had his computer massively infected with the Sysinternal monster. Thanks to your instructions and Malwarebytes, I resolved it after hours of work. So I just wanted to first tell you how truly thankful I am for your help.

My second problem began the next morning after I brought the system back up. I have SuperAntispyware's freeware on this computer, and now I keep getting a popup from this software advising me that an attempt to change my home page browser from att.net to about:blank is taking place; it gives me the option to allow the change or block it. I have been blocking it for two days, I've run the SuperAntispyware scan, and I've entered the settings and repair sections and checked the boxes (2 different places) to make it permanent that att.net is the home page. I have not "reboted" yet. Could that be the problem? I will do so after this posting (which was interrupted by the popup once again!), and check back in about an hour. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:03 PM

For the record: BC Removal Guide, Sysinternals Antivirus

If you followed the steps above...I would add that you still need to run your regular, updated AV program after removing these fakes that abound. After doing that, run a full scan with SUPERAntiSpyware.

If you are still experiencing problems after doing the suggested steps...let us know.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users