Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Howdy from Oregon way

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hoakieman

hoakieman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

Greetings computer friends. I am sort of an old guy, I got into computers in the early 80's when DOS was king purchasing a Osborne computer with a 4" orange screen, (anyone remember those?). At that time DOS seemed too complicated for me so I sold the machine and waited a few years.

I continued to work on learning DOS hen I became a Correctional Officer, I found the inmates were great computer teachers as they had a lot of time to focus on developing their skills. By this time Windows 3.1 had arrived and I have been going strong ever since....I am now holding on to WinXP...so glad I skipped VISTA!

I am not a whiz...being an old guy, my memory cells are dying by the millions daily it seems. My phone is smarter than I am. I try to fight back especially since I installed an off brand antivirus which conflicted with everything and crashed my computer...that cost me $120, so I decided I need to learn more about how it works and what I can do to keep it running.

I won't be giving many answers, but I will be asking a lot of questions...in another part of the forum. I hope to be learning from many of you who have musch more knowledge in this area than I have.

With that said, I am going to leave now and post my logs to se if there are any problems.

I appreciate those who make forums like this possible.

Hoakieman

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:58 PM

Hello and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users