Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proxy

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Whitney Arruda

Whitney Arruda

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:11 PM

At my school (like many others) they block a lot of websites. I'm trying to firgure out how to get around it. Not because I want to look at Facebook, MySpace, or any of those sites, but more for the challenge :thumbsup:

I connect my laptop to the internet by unplugging the internet cord from one of the computers, or bringing my own and plugging it in. I think this is called using ethernet, but I'm not positive. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) I'm past all of the simple online website proxies, and I've tried pinging. I've also tried the whole "IP address and port number" thing in Firefox, but I'm not sure I understand it completely.

So my main question is, how can I bybass the block? What are some other methods, and how do I even use HTTP, FTP, and SSL proxies in Firefox. If you can answer any of these questions please do. I'm trying this more for the computer-related educational benitifs... if you know what I mean.

I have the internet/ip information that I took while I was at school. Maybe that can help. Can someone maybe explain how I could get around this. And remember, I'm not doing it to see the blocked sites, but just more for the challenge, hahah.

Here are screenshots of the information I got that I thought might help...
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

Let me know if you need more information. Just trying to educate myself. :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users