Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Iphone Will NOT sync

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mlbthat1guy

Mlbthat1guy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:07 PM

Ok....I had an iPhone 3G that was jailbroken...it got stolen so I got a new iPhone 3GS. Now I cannot get my phone to sync. I restored it and everything. I've tried following millions of tips and nothing seems to work. I'm not sure if this problem is caused by my old jailbroken phone or not. When I plug in my new phone, iTunes starts to slow down my computer and often freezes completely; however, sometimes it will say syncing, or backing up iPhone, but it never finishes. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing everything iTunes related and that did not work either. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO??? PLEASE HELP ME

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leader

Leader

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:54 PM

Try updating your iTunes to the latest version.

Also, is your iPhone detected on iTunes?

This has happened to me before and it worked by getting a new USB connector.

#3 altair05

altair05

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:56 PM

Try doing a hard reset by holding both the sleep button and home button until the iPhone shuts down. This will essentially delete everything on your phone and reset it to factory settings. Or, you should try fiddling around with the iTunes settings to make sure that it detects the iPhone instead of ignoring it when it is connected. Also try connecting in another USB port because it is possible that the one you are using is offline or unable to make contact with your operating system.

This has happened to me before, and the above body of texts has helped me before countless times. I'm also an owner of an iPhone 3GS. Good luck!

#4 SubMariner

SubMariner

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:18 AM

Try updating your iTunes to the latest version.

Also, is your iPhone detected on iTunes?

This has happened to me before and it worked by getting a new USB connector.

I have a 3G and the latest iTunes IS NOT compatible, as it is configured to work with 0S4.

I wouldn't advise going above v9.1.1.12. I had nothing but problems and had to totally un-install the "latest" iTunes version, plus go through a lot of housekeeping to be able to re-install the 9.1.1.12 so that my phone would sync properly. (See: http://hackstor.blogspot.com/2010/06/downg...acwindows.html)

=SubMariner=

#5 smoke911

smoke911

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:43 PM

I know this sounds harsh, but I do take some enjoyment in hearing about apple products that don't work, just makes me laugh every time a smug apple user says they like apple "because everything just works" and yet when things do go wrong their customer support is awful and it's very difficult to get help....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users