Welcome to Bleeping Computer, chery1
Sorry to hear about your illness, and hope conditions improve.
As far a good, free, antispyware goes, these are the ones most recommended around here:aČ free
- a complementary product to antivirus software which is specialized in protection against harmful software. Antivirus software often features an inadequate protection against Trojans, Dialers and Spyware. aČ fills this gap.ewido security suite
- offers protection against urgently growing threats like Trojans, Worms, Dialers, Hijackers, Spyware and Keyloggers.Ad-Aware
- A good program similar to SpyBot S & D.Spybot S&D
- Detects and removes spyware, of different types, from your computer.Spywareblaster
- A good program that prevents spyware from being installed on your computer in the first place. This program is always running in the background, protecting your computer. It prevents the installation of bad active X controls found in web pages.SpywareGuard
- A nice compliment to SpywareBlaster. This allows you the option to prevent downloads that contain bad active X controls.
These programs, updated
and used regularly
, will do a lot to keep your computer clean of spyware, trojans, keyloggers, browser hijackers, etc...
Download them, update
them, and then run them.
When installing ewido security suite
, under Additional Options
uncheck:Install background guardInstall scan via context menuImportant:Please
read this tutorial
on Spybot S&D before using it. Spybot can do SERIOUS
damage, if not used properly.
Also, on our Freeware replacements for common commercial apps
page you will find a list of Free Online Virus/Trojan/Spyware Scanners
which you can use, along with other free programs.
Feel free to contribute any suggestions you may have.
We have a lot of great members here, knowledgeable in many areas of computing, just waiting to help, where they can.
I think you'll find us, a very friendly bunch.
If we can help you with anything, don't hesitate to ask, and if you think you can help someone, feel free to jump in.
I hope we can get you to feel like "a part of the family".
Enjoy your stay.