Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to transfer MS Office from 1 machine to another?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Number_6

Number_6

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:07 PM

I've got a Dell XP laptop and a Dell XP desktop (purchased separately). MS Office got clobbered on the desktop, and I can't find the install disks. So I'd like to remove or uninstall MS Office from the laptop and install it on the desktop. I have the laptop install disks.

Can someone direct me to an accurate description of how to do this? I rarely use the laptop anymore.

Edited by Number_6, 07 June 2010 - 03:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:23 PM

If I'm understanding you...

Each install of MS Office has its own license key.

If both versions of Office are the same exactly (e.g., Office XP, Office 2007, etc.)...you can use the install CDs from either to do both installs. It's the license used that will be different.

If the versions are different...no can do without the install CDs.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users