Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A programming resource

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfy87

Wolfy87

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:52 PM

Hi all, I have developed a website that allows users to upload useful snippets of code, so far there have been only seven entries. It would be brilliant if anyone could put up a snippet of any shape or form for all to see, I hope in future that it can be used as a first stop when looking for help, then a search engine, and finally here.

So please if you have anything, it would be great if you could contribute, even if it is a hello world, just check it has not been done before.

Here is the link.

Thanks, Wolfy87.

Edited by Wolfy87, 07 June 2010 - 03:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:30 PM

Hello Wolfy.

Sounds like an interesting project. Are there any similar ones out there? I'm not sure how to Google for something like this.

I'll submit a few from my collection of random code.

With Regards,
The Panda

#3 Wolfy87

Wolfy87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:33 PM

Brilliant, and I am sure there are a few like it. The Internet is so huge the odds of this being the first of its kind are fairly slim.

Thank you very much PropagandaPanda.

#4 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

Hello.

Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure I've seen an algorithms collection somewhere before.

Do you want this to be a database for beginners to learn a language, or something else?

With Regards,
The Panda

typo

Edited by PropagandaPanda, 07 June 2010 - 03:57 PM.

#5 Wolfy87

Wolfy87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:05 AM

Well it can contain anything really, from hello worlds to classes with intricate functions, I just want it to be a useful reference. I want to be able to search "how to write to a file in pearl" and get a few results. So any part of a language you need there is a nice example of it. And as I said about the classes, there are probably hundreds I have created so far, they could easyly be reused by someone else.

So to awnser your question: everyone.

Thanks, Wolfy87.

#6 Wolfy87

Wolfy87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:10 AM

Just out of interest, does anyone have anything they would like added to improve codebank, maybe a viewed and rating capability?

Thanks, Wolfy87.

#7 JasonHJ

JasonHJ

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:55 AM

Hello, buddys, I just pass by.... :thumbsup:

#8 Synetech

Synetech

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:25 PM

It does sound useful. I think it would be great for things like utility functions and such.

It would be great if there were a way to browse the snippits without actually having to search (at present there are 18 snippits, but I have no idea what they are unless I somehow manage to do a query that just happens to match one).

Also, there needs to be a way of at least organizing them according to language.
****** *** ****** * ****; * ***** **** ** *** **** ******* *** ****** ************ ****.

-- Synetech

#9 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

Hello.

I agree with Synetech. Also, a most recently added list would be useful.

With Regards,
The Panda

#10 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:00 AM

A nice improvement would be to display the code snippets with syntax highlighting. Something like this: http://code.google.com/p/syntaxhighlighter/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users