Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2003 workstation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gerry58

gerry58

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:29 AM

1 workstation running XP pro SP3 cannot connect to a Windows SBS 2003 server. Reply is "cannot find network or server" when I try to login. If I login to the local PC and ping the server I get 100% good reply. I can remote desktop to the server, but I just cannot login or access any shares. I tried to create a new user on the server and use that to login but same result as before. There are no firewalls turned on and the workstation is using Norton corporate edition V10 anti-virus software. What am I overlooking?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:07 PM

When you say you can't login do you mean the computer is already joined to the domain and now you can't login? if you are not part of the domain already then that message would usually indicate there is some type of DNS error. if you are do an ipconfig /flushdns and see if that helps at all
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:21 PM

Sorry to bust your bubble, but the Norton Corp could be the issue LOL.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users