Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HTTPS sites will not open or time out on ALL Browsers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hendu213

hendu213

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:16 AM

Since 12:00am Friday into Saturday, my computer will not open HTTPS websites. I wasn't sure what was going on. I thought the problem was with Facebook. Then I had surfed to Expedia and the same thing happened. Then I thought It was a problem with the HTTPS sites, so I went to Best Buy put an item into a cart and tried to checkout..nope....since it was a secure site, it didn't work. I was thinking spyware or virus. The computer is a Dell XPS One running Windows Vista. It was pre-loaded with Norton Internet Security and it has the Windows firewall. I turned the windows firewall off, turned off Windows Defender. Downloaded Spybot S&D, and upgraded Norton to 2010 and updated all security features and virus definitions.

It is also not just with one browser. EVERY Browser. I have Firefox, Explorer, Chrome, and Safari.

Sypbot found a bunch of tracking cookies. Norton found more, but no viruses.

My brother had me download a file from Kaspersky http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/solutions?qid=208280684 ,
http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/tdsskiller.exe

But that came up negative too.

Any help you can provide would be very helpful.

Regards,

Brian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hendu213

hendu213
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:00 PM

In being new to this forum, I see there is a section for MALWARE. I just read the preparation guide and will take that on when I get to my CUP at home tomorrow night. I printed the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

If anyone has a suggestion before I get a chance that would be most helpful....

Regards,
hendu

#3 hendu213

hendu213
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:41 PM

Well, after much searching, and thanks to BING.COM I was able to figure out the problem. Somehow it was a problem with the router, and I had to hard reset the router, and presto, I can now access my e-mail, facebook, make online purchases on any https site there is.

:huh: :huh:

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:55 PM

Nice self-help...thanks for sharing your resolution. Happy computing :huh:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users