Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W32/Xor-encoded.A

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 psychicsaphie

psychicsaphie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:32 AM

My computer has been a little on the slow side recently, and I've been wanting an excuse to update to Windows 7 32 bit from Vista, so I did that recently. Update went fine, internet browsing was still a little slow, signaling to me that something might be wrong.

Norton scan -- turned up nothing
Malwarebytes -- borks out with an error message every time it reaches Norton's program folder and has to shut down. Typical Windows error message "Such and such had to shut down. Would you like to send a report to Windows" etc.

Panda Activescan however, came up with something:

W32/Xor-encoded.A
c:\users\kira\appdata\local\virtualstore\windows\temp\naveb2a.tmp

I tried deleting it, no go. I tried deleting it with Killbox. That worked, but then it just came back. I don't want to have to buy Panda Scan just to get rid of it, so any help would be appreciated. Fortunately, it looks like it's the only nasty bug I have on my system right now, but google hasn't really helped me find any good fixes.

Edited by psychicsaphie, 07 June 2010 - 07:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 psychicsaphie

psychicsaphie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:30 AM

[Bump]

Still can't get rid of the damn thing. Help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users