Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

block user from accessing folder(s)?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lnepoe888

lnepoe888

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:43 AM

I have several user accounts on a Windows 7 Machine.

What I want to do is deny access, or better yet hide the folders (even if show hidden files and folders is enabled) to certain folders for only one specific user.

How would I go about this?

thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwest0703

bwest0703

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:30 AM

Hello Inepoe888 and Welcome to BC,

The only way I know of to be able to do what you are asking is by setting group policies. This is somewhat advanced, and usually done by IT tech's / admins, however if you Google "group policies Windows 7" you can find out a great deal about what it is, and if this is something you feel comfortable doing.

Couple of things worth noting:

1) Only works on Windows 7 Ultimate, Professional, or Enterprise to my knowledge. Will not work on Home Premium versions.

2) Must be admin.

Good Luck! :huh:
Posted Image

#3 William Wilson

William Wilson

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:26 AM

hello, I just know one way, to change the status of the file into "hide", then it will be almost invisible from others only you can identify their locations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users