Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen on startup

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tripsonit

tripsonit

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:53 PM

I borrowed my in laws computer while mine is in shop with anti-spyware soft virus which finally took it over.It is a dell with xp about 2 years old. After downloading my mouse software I restarted and everything seemed fine until I brought it home and turned it on.Now upon starting it sometimes goes to the windows screen for a second and than to blue screen,other times it just boots into the blue screen. It says on the blue screen among other things that a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage. It also said to check any newly installed software for updates.I should say the mouse was working perfectly. I deleted the mouse software in safe mode and hooked up the dell mouse however the blue screen still comes up on startup.I called the mouse people and they said it is a microsoft problem. Their is technical information that comes up in blue screen it reads as follows: ***Stop:oxoooooo71,oxoooooooo,oxoooooooo,oxoooooooo,oxoooooooo. Any ideas on how to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,489 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:00 PM

So you can boot into safe mode? if so then please boot into safemode with networking and do the following:

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 tripsonit

tripsonit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:12 PM

I can't get the computer online.Both have the same broadband hookup but my inlaws keeps tripping the modem.I will take it to their house tomorrow and try again. By the way I downloaded the zip version of that software but that only has a link on it not the software.

#4 beserker266

beserker266

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:32 PM

I borrowed my in laws computer while mine is in shop with anti-spyware soft virus which finally took it over.It is a dell with xp about 2 years old. After downloading my mouse software I restarted and everything seemed fine until I brought it home and turned it on.Now upon starting it sometimes goes to the windows screen for a second and than to blue screen,other times it just boots into the blue screen. It says on the blue screen among other things that a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage. It also said to check any newly installed software for updates.I should say the mouse was working perfectly. I deleted the mouse software in safe mode and hooked up the dell mouse however the blue screen still comes up on startup.I called the mouse people and they said it is a microsoft problem. Their is technical information that comes up in blue screen it reads as follows: ***Stop:oxoooooo71,oxoooooooo,oxoooooooo,oxoooooooo,oxoooooooo. Any ideas on how to fix this?

ok so this is what i usually do i have had this virus many times so first i go into safe mode with f8 then go to safemode with network and download malewarebytes run this program and it should help if it doesnt i usually use sdfix and if that doesnt work i scan it with vipre antispyware you can get the free version scan it and delete it and thats just about all the info i have on this matter oh yeah if your computer has system recovery you can use that to wipe your files clean but the downside is that it gets restored as though you bought it new so everything is practically deleted from your documents and everything. so if it helps cool if it doesnt thats all i know.

#5 beserker266

beserker266

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:33 PM

you can download all these files off the internet just type the word like sdfix which can be found on bleeping computer

#6 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,255 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:07 AM

Your topic says session initialization failed, but it is not in your discussion.

I know about:

SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
SESSION5_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Tell us about your session message and what your current anti-whatever situation is - AVG, Avira!, Spybot, Norton, etc...

If you do not have a genuine bootable XP installation CD from which you can boot Recovery Console, I encourage you to make one.

This is not the same as any recovery disks that might have come a store bought system. If you are not sure what kind of bootable CD you have, make a bootable XP Recovery Console CD and be sure.

You can create a bootable XP Recovery Console CD when no XP media is available by following the directions in this link:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276527/how-to-create-a-bootable-xp-recovery-console-cd/

Edited by joseibarra, 07 June 2010 - 11:19 AM.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

Just a quick question, are you using Comodo Firewall?

If so follow the 3rd post from the bottom on this page:
http://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports/sessi...-t19438.90.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users