Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My email and facebook were hacked, I have no control over them

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Help please!!

Help please!!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

Can anyone help me here? While at work on June 4th, I received a message from my hotmail account, from me, asking me to send money to London where I had been mugged. Of course I was not in London nor had I been mugged. I knew instantly that I had been hacked. I tried to log on to my hotmail email and the password had been changed by the hackers. I then went to my gmail account and sent a message to all contacts to disregard the hotmail email. Within a couple of minutes the hackers had taken over my gmail too.

I checked facebook and that has been taken over as well.

I then started frantically changing all my credit card password, bank and 401K passwords et al I also put a freeze on my credit.

I have since managed to recover the gmail account and changed the default email address to a new account I opened at yahoo.

My question is how can I get the hotmail and facebook account back under my control? I had iYogi scan my computer and no malware or virus was found so I think this is just the classic scam trying to trick people who know me into wiring money.

After much effort I did get a phone number for MSN and spoke to someone who told me because it is a free account they will give no support to it except for the online forum. I sent in the online forum form, but have not had any response to my pleas for help from facebook or hotmail.

Any suggestions? I have so much information on both accounts that I would love to recover. I also have a big need to just NOT let these creeps win.

This has to happen often to a lot of people. Has anyone else had this happen, and if you were successful in recovering control of the accounts, how did you do it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:51 PM

Hello, Let's get a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Help please!!

Help please!!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:58 AM

Thank you for your reply. I will do this when I get home from work. I work in a hospital ER and cannot bring my laptop to work.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

Ok, we'll keep a light on for ya !
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users