Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lsass error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrmstatton

mrmstatton

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:31 PM

Hi there.....I have an Aspire One Notebook (no cd drive) and believe I have a virus or somthing.

When I start the laptop the Acer startup screen pops up but then goes to a DOS screen requesting to select an operating system either Microsoft recovery or Microsoft xp, but it selects one itself and goes to a black screen then I receive a lsass.exe - operation failed error (the requested operation was unseccessful) if I click OK or exit it starts all over with the same process.

I've tried to start it in safe mode, with and without command prompts but no luck. I only get a black screen with safe mode written in all four corners and then a another error pops up.....lsass.exe - System error (insufficient system resources exist to complete the API) I click OK and then the screen says windows is starting up but it goes to the Acer screen and starts the process all over.

Is there anything that I can do to get my laptop working again? I have access to a USB memory card and that's it.

Please help!!!!!
THANK YOU

Roberta

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:03 PM

Someone will be along to look at this.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:02 AM

Hello, please let me know if you tried to boot in the Last Known Good Configuration.

You can do that by tapping the F8 key on boot up and select the option.

If that does not work, please try the following:

Please download OTLPE (filesize 120,9 MB)
  • When downloaded double click on OTLPENet.exe and make sure there is a blank CD in your CD drive. This will automatically create a bootable CD.
  • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.
    Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
  • Depending on your type of internet connection, you should be able to get online as well so you can access this topic more easily.
  • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
  • Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
  • OTL should now start.
  • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
  • When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txt
  • Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
  • Please post the contents of the OTL.txt file in your reply.

In the mean time I will move this topic to a more appropriate forum.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:08 AM

Due to lack of activity this topic is now closed.

If you are the original topic starter and you need this topic reopened, please send me a PM.

Everyone else, please start a new topic.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users