Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Teach me about Sound Cards

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bigalexe

bigalexe

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:52 PM

I know about computers but have never been an AudioPhile so I always have used the Motherboard for sounds.

I have a new motherboard and the sound is being a pain though, so I want to get a sound card instead. What I want to do is run my two pc speakers (single green 3.5mm jack) and also still be able to hookup the Mic/Headphone ports from the PC case for which I have the option of an AC97 or AZALIA (HD AUDIO) plug (note that this is an OR, not an AND).

Alternately if anyone knows what would cause speakers and headphones to fuzz alot that would help to. My headphone ports were dead so I replugged the connector and now both the rear port straight off the board, and the headphone ports buzz. System specs are in sig and the Motherboard is an ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO.

Edited by bigalexe, 06 June 2010 - 05:54 PM.

AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:00 PM

If your using front panel audio connections depending on where the cables are routed they can pick up noise from the motherboard. for Sound cards I personally recommend Creative sound cards that's all I use and they have great sound quality for the price. The Audigy and the X-FI are both great cards.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 06 June 2010 - 10:01 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 bigalexe

bigalexe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:21 AM

K thanks, actually as NUTZ as it sounds. I fixed the noise by enabling/disabling the various ports with the HD Audo Deck program included with the Mainboard. I think it is really screwed up somehow though.

I will look into the cards.
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users