Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

the infamous blue screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Compmon123

Compmon123

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:04 PM

i get an error message saying something like " IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL_TO"
i used to get this message once in a while, but now its appearing more and more, also, it used to say something about norton being the problem so i sort of disabled it, and i think that might have been a huge error by part because it might have been a virus that told me to disable my only line of defence.... anyways can any1 help plz....Also, im not sure if their is a correlation witht his, and that it happens alot when i try to play Knight online... i hope this isnt the problem seing as it is one of my favorite games... and i dont know y but i didnt have it happening since i started playing it, only after a month or more after that i began receiving it.... also, i tried to do do a system defrag but got another blue message, but forgot what that one said. srry... well can any1 help plz. BTW ill try to post a Hijack this log, but only after i get an answer here, or it takes too long for an answer...k thnx

EDIT:
heres the message i get:

A problem has been detected and widows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time youve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode

Technical information
*** Stop : 0x0000000A (0XC48259C1, 0X00000002, 0X0000001, 0X8804DC0AA)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance

Edited by Compmon123, 07 October 2005 - 06:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:08 PM

See if this helps:
Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Compmon123

Compmon123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:16 PM

Yea, this only reasured my theory that it was norton who caused the IRQL error, ill try to roll it back to an earlier date, see if that helps, or something like that. thnx for reply, ill keep u guys updated. lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users