Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Persisting problem when opening "my computer"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xxthr4sh3rxx

xxthr4sh3rxx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:32 PM

So Yesterday I received my roomates laptop. so last night i copied her entire documents folder to an external hard drive so she could xfer the stuff to her new computer. after this was done, everytime I go to open a documents folder or my computer this annoying message pops up. I dont this as all i did was copy the documents I didnt delete them. plz help this is annoying. dam I hate vista

Location not available

F:\Jessica's stuff\desktop refers to a location that is
unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer,
or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is
inserted properly inserted, or that you are connected
to the Internet or your network, and then try again.
If it still cannot be located, the information might
have been moved to a different location.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:18 PM

if F:\ is the external drive, you may have it mapped as a network drive or F:\Jessica's stuff\desktop as a network location. windows is looking for it and it is not connected. that's my theory.

so do you get the error when the drive is connected ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users