Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer wake-up and boot problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 awhispersecho

awhispersecho

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:07 PM

HP dv6000 laptop
Vista sp2
AMD Turion
2GB Ram

I'm having a problem with my laptop coming out of sleep or hibernate. Computer works fine when in use but if I leave it alone and it goes into sleep mode, it will not respond and come out of sleep mode. I have to continue to hit the power button, after several times of blinking lights and then nothing, it will finally boot up. Same thing if I close the lid. Laptop is always plugged in and I have changed the settings to turn the display off after 15 minutes but never allow it to go into sleep mode. I also noticed that the power button settings are all set to put computer into sleep mode. Even the power button itself. However if I click start then restart, it boots fine.

I have removed the battery and even tried to completely take laptop apart. Didn't completely remove everything but I think I did enough to get it pretty clean. This laptop used to run hot and actually freeze on it's own. It seems like after cleaning it that has stopped happening. Core temps are between 40-50c and GPU temps between 58-70c. I guess that's better. So what is going on? Is it a hardware issue, Is it just a settings issue? Any and all help is very appreciated. Thx everyone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users