Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

nvd error code

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zr1000efi

zr1000efi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:40 AM

well let me start off by saying hello ,this is my first time on here. i am not that good with the computer problems ,and i now have a big one. my screen started showing colorful little dots here and there, and as time went on there became more and more of them. when i shut the system down and restart it some of them would go away, but they would come back. then the screen started going on and off and would freeze with a couple different windows partially open.now when i try to turn the machine on it crashes and goes to the blue screen that says windows has shut down to protect the operating system, and gives a error code that says nv-94 dis or something like that ,i have run several virus scans and super antispyware scans and have not find anything yet . if anyone could help i would appreciate it , i am lost.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:37 PM

Have you tried uninstalling your video drivers...and then reinstalling them?

System manufacturer and model?

If not, Step 1 would be to pull out your drivers CD...or download the drivers from the appropriate website. If system is "name brand", then drivers for that system should be available at the web site of the system manufacturer (Dell, HP, eMachines, etc.).

To uninstall a device
1.Open Device Manager (Start/Run...type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter).

2.Double-click the type of device (Display Adapters) that you want to uninstall.

3.Right-click the specific device you want, and then click Uninstall. You can also double-click the device, and then on the Driver tab, click Uninstall.

4.In the Confirm Device Removal page, select Delete the driver software for this device if you also want to remove the device driver package from the driver store.

The Delete the driver software for this device option removes the package from the driver store. It does not remove the currently installed driver for any other operational devices that use the same driver. If you remove the driver from the store, and the device is connected to the computer again, Windows must search for a copy of the driver package in the standard search locations, including possibly prompting the user for media.

To reinstall, you often just have to double-click on the driver package and drivers will normally self-install.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users