Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Initial thoughts on the iPad.Let

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brooksey!!!

brooksey!!!

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:12 AM

Well, It's out in the UK, and is making Apple lots of lovely money very quickly. So, what to people think of this controversial new product from Apple?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NeoStylez

NeoStylez

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:06 PM

I really dont see how it is controversial. I played with one at a local shop here in Canada and i kinda like them. I would not buy one at the moment. better things to spend money on like food and internet access :guitar:

But they are very handy, and seem a bit more nicer then i figured since i had an iPhone and i figured an ipad would feel like giant iphone :guitar:

#3 BrainyTehBrain

BrainyTehBrain

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

I think it's pretty useless. It's just a overgrown iPhone. But can't fit in your pocket.

#4 Repair-IT

Repair-IT

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:31 PM

I purchased one for my business and all in all it has been great. It's a heck of a lot easier to carry around than a laptop. I use it for quick on-site research as well as the credit card functionality offered by Square. While the CC option is available for the iPhone, trying to do research is almost ridiculous on a device that small.

#5 NeoStylez

NeoStylez

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

I purchased one for my business and all in all it has been great. It's a heck of a lot easier to carry around than a laptop. I use it for quick on-site research as well as the credit card functionality offered by Square. While the CC option is available for the iPhone, trying to do research is almost ridiculous on a device that small.

on-site for IT, as well as processing payments is a good use :guitar:

#6 Sharonsthere

Sharonsthere

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:30 PM

I'm a little late here to chime in, but I got an Ipad for christmas. At first I was downloading a couple of games, and then I started realising that I really DON'T know what the potential is for this gadget and I don't want it to be a glorified portable solitaire. Plus, I don't need to be on facebook anymore than I am now. I have a Kindle and love it, and am really getting a lot of use out of it. But this Ipad, not so much. What's the definitive book for the Ipad? I haven't read much of the users guide because I didn't print it out, it's quite lengthy, and in pdf form on my kindle, well, I have to get used to it. Some of the most basic stuff about it stumps me. So I will be watching this forum.

Thanks.
intelligence has far fewer practical applications than I thought.

#7 symbi

symbi

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

It's really good for instant-on, quick web surfing & email access and has so many apps that its usefulness is growing all the time. I use mine to start responding to email immediately, while I wait the 5 or so minutes for my work computer to finish booting up in the morning :-). It's also really handy to take to meetings for notes, email and web surfing. I put DropBox on it, my work computer, my home computer and my iPhone and I have access to key documents any time, any place. iPhone/iPad may be a bit redundant but for longer emails or quick document creation, the larger real estate on the iPad is invaluable. I wish the keyboard were a realy QWERTY - things like an apostrophe completely disrupt the flow of typing with its modified keyboard. Depending on what features the next version has (cameras, USB support, etc), I will certainly consider one. The color display is stunning - pictures look phenomenal on it. My photographer wife could definitely use one when showing proofs to clients - and there's something to be said for how slick and cool it looks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users