Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Hangs with a loud noise

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kalakala

kalakala

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:40 AM

Hi,
My name is Vikas. My computer is having a strange problem. When I am using the computer (watching videos on youtube, reading news, etc in IE, Firefox or any other browser), my computer works absolutely fine for some time, but all of a sudden it will hang. First the screens are jammed, then the mouse pointer, then there is a constant loud noise (tar tar tar tar ... ). The sound is still there even if I press the mute button on my computer. The only way to get rid of it is by hitting the power button to switch off the machine . Now if I mute my machine, then there is no sound went it hangs the next time.
This seems to be some strange virus. Can someone please help me.

Also, the day it first happened was on when we had visited a news site (which I knew had a virus but my father accidently accessed that site). Since then the Internet Explorer is also behaving wierd. It will not open when we first click on the Explorer Icon. It opens anf then closes immediately. We have to try it 3-4 times and then it finally opens without any issue. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users