Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

desktop icons and start menu disappeared

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 squeezeme

squeezeme

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

Hi, I have removed a program called "new.net domains 8.0 build 846". Immediately after removing it, my computer crashed and rebooted by itself. I could no longer see desktop icons and the start menu was no longer in the bottom of my screen. I tried shutting down my computer again. When I did this, I got a message saying UiPopupHidden was not responding and had to terminate. My computer was infected before all of this, my antivirus (Bell Security) kept saying it was finding a virus. It also kept saying I had another proxy open.

Fortunately, a windows explorer window appears when I start up my computer so I could open up firefox to get to this forum. I have installed HighjackThis only to create a logfile, I definitely do not consider myself a pro. If someone can help me and would like to see the logfile I can generate one and post it...

I would greatly appreciate your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users