Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone hear of o2oService_2.dll trojan? Help please.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sgtham

sgtham

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 07 October 2005 - 03:19 PM

When I scanned my computer with Norton, it came up that o2oService_2.dll is infected with a trojan virus. I tried searching this file name on the net to find something out about it with no luck. It also won't let me delete it, but it is quarantined. The only thing I did find about it was on websites in european languages. Can someone please help me with this and give me some info on this trojan? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:33 PM

This is all I could find, using several search engines:
o2oService_2.dll

Not very much info on it.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 sgtham

sgtham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:28 PM

That was all I could find as well. Any ideas as to where it came from or has anyone out there ever seen this trojan before. I don't know what it does, but my computer was running slow as hell, then I did a virus scan, quarantined it, and now it is running better. I don't know where it came from because usually if something is attached to a download, the antivirus blocks it. I guess not this one. At least it caught it on a scan.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:37 PM

Haven't seen this one before.
Not a clue as to where it came from.
Maybe someone else will chime in with an answer.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Chug48

Chug48

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 14 October 2005 - 10:08 AM

I just found this virus this morning as well?

Funny thing is, I had my PC in the shop as my motherboard blew on me, had no viruses when it went to the shop, come home set everything up and BANG there it is??

I can not delete this file or fix it, only Q it?

Take Care

#6 LEFKA

LEFKA

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:15 PM

When I scanned my computer with Norton, it came up that o2oService_2.dll is infected with a trojan virus. I tried searching this file name on the net to find something out about it with no luck. It also won't let me delete it, but it is quarantined. The only thing I did find about it was on websites in european languages. Can someone please help me with this and give me some info on this trojan? Thanks.

I recently came up with theo2oservice2.dll virus. I called A.O.L. and found out it is a Dynamic Link Library
file thry couldnt tell me much more but said to contact Dell (my system) which I did. Check this, they
want $ 99.00 to delete It. Did some checking around and found out I could delete it. Just get on the Norton
Quarr. window right click Then delete (simple) .I reran a scan and its gone. Good Luck!

#7 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:18 AM

Scan the file at jotti and Virus Total which use multiple AV scan engines and see what the results are.

#8 Kara

Kara

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2005 - 03:00 PM

Hopefully you've been able to remove this virus by now, but I just thought in case you haven't, or if anyone else needs help with this virus, I didn't find much information on it either, except at trendmicro's encyclopedia of viruses, here's the link:
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyc...e=TROJ_AGENT.MG
This gives you a little more information about the trojan itself, but not a whole lot still.
Hope this helps some!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users