Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 IE8

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I received a new laptop with an OEM version of Windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite which got great reviews when I read before buying. Indeed the system is snappy and with 3.75 usable GB of the 4 it shipped with I was quite satisfied with its overall performance. I did frown a bit when I opened IE8 and noticed that although the ie8 window opened quick, the content took, and still takes an average of 5 seconds before the google search appears. I looked in the add ons and disabled a couple of items but it has not made a difference. It is quite annoying to wait so long for the content while looking at white space as the page loads.

the system is brand new and hence malware free, but as for bundled crapware I am not so sure if such items are causing the lag.

any other ideas I can try?

many many thanks,

Darren

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

Anti-virus and firewall software will cause the delay .... what are you using?

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:03 PM

Originally nothing out - of the box but added Kaspersky internet security. I do not beleive this is the culprit as it was slow from the first power up...:thumbsup:
thank you for the reply

#4 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:05 PM

Might be worth adding that my wife and I both bought the exact same laptops but I am pretty sure hers does not have the problem, I can assure she would have told me it was slow. I am relatively advanced and am comfortable troubleshooting most issues but I don't know everything - that is down to the wife...:thumbsup:

Edited by Darren De Wilde, 05 June 2010 - 10:06 PM.

#5 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

Hi Everyone,

The problem is solved. GOOGLE Updater was disabled and now IE8 opens as it should.

Darren De Wilde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users