Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless router to wired router

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hawkssr

hawkssr

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:02 PM

I have windows xp with a wired modem from qwest. I was given a used microsoft mn 500 wireless modem and would like to hook it up so I can use my wii. I'm very confused on how to to this after trying to read on the internet all kinds of ways to do this. Can someone give me easy to understand step by step instructions on how to replace my wired with the wireless. Thank you! (I don't need instructions on the wii part just the exchanging of the routers.) :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:59 PM

i'll try, plug Qwest modem into the WAN port on the microsoft mn 500 wireless router. (may require cross over cable, the one that is now connected between Qwest modem and desktop should work). plug desktop into LAN port on microsoft mn 500 wireless router.
access microsoft mn 500 wireless router software by typing 192.168.2.1 in the location bar of any web browser.
you may also need your ISP user name and password
enable DHCP
configure wireless

#3 hawkssr

hawkssr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:40 AM

Thank you, I will copy your instructions and try them later today!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users