Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet at guest PC, after reinstalling WinXP on host PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:15 PM

OK, so I've reinstalled Windows XP on a Host PC... and I've lost internet on mine, guest one.

I was knowing how to set it up, but forgotten again.

So, if I've reinstalled Windows XP on a -guest- PC, and internet worked from it - maybe the settings of a -guest- PC must not be adjusted (not sure).

I've setted up on a -host- PC 192.168.0.1 (tried with 192.168.0.2 as well), mask 255.255.255.0 and -haven't- setted a gateway yet. Nothing worked...

Also, when I was checking the setting of a network connection on a -host- PC, the settings were as mentioned (I think, there was no gateway... not sure).

I have no router, or anything, just a cable connection from host PC to guest PC. "Lights" are visible on -both- ends of a plugged cable.

So guys, if you'll help me quick - I will be very grateful. Please, the case is urgent, need internet very much.

...by the way, it's my birthday at Monday. ;)

Best regards and wishes,
-rhino1366

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

Thanks everyone, your help is unneeded now (connection works). [thumb up]

-rhino1366

Edited by rhino1366, 05 June 2010 - 02:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users