1. 3 days ago I noticed images on web pages were displaying with warped colors/dis-configured. Half hour later and websites were displaying completely screwed up (coding would display over top of what you are supposed to see). 1 out of 3 refreshes would display it normally. Now most of the time I get a "content encoding error" on almost everything.
2. We have a wireless connection, with 2 computers connected, but only my laptop (this computer is using the wireless). The other is direct. My father said he is having the same problem with his computer with the content encoding error.
3. I went out and bought Kaspersky and installed it. The database is outdated and absolutely won't update, so doing a scan is worthless with it. It says database is obsolete right off the bat!
4. I tried downloading and reinstalling the latest version of firefox, hoping that would fix the content encoding error problem so that I could at least trouble shoot without distractions.
5. Now I absolutely cannot open any .exe file because it says the installer is corrupted or incomplete.
6. I think, using some directions I uninstalled the original windows installer, and downloaded the latest version. Naturally I can't open the latest windows installer.exe file so its retarded.
7. I also was trying to get the latest version of flash so that I could actually see websites properly, and now I have no version of flash I guess.
8. I uninstalled Spybot, Malewarebytes and an outdated version of Norton before installing Kasperky, but perhaps there are some traces left of those programs that are interfering.
EDIT: Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.
Edited by hamluis, 04 June 2010 - 04:07 PM.