Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can no longer put songs onto ipod.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 brooksey!!!

brooksey!!!

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:56 AM

Hello,
I recently Senuti'd my ipod (iPod Classic, 80GB, as some of the songs were corrupt, and during the senuti import process, it rejects these corrupted files. I then went to format my ipod, and started trying to put music back onto it. Every time i try, i get messages when 8 of the 50 GB music is transferred saying the disk cannot be read from or written to. then it closes. I am trying on both mac and a PC. It is PC formatted. Any suggestions? or is it time for a new ipod?
GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:56 PM

It seems like the hard drive in it is on it's way out but I'm not sure it also could be a connection or driver issue. I would wait till another meber replies though like I said I'm not sure.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#3 brooksey!!!

brooksey!!!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:40 PM

That theory is becoming more and more possible. I think the hard drive may well be finished. I just tried to put someting onto the iPod and left it alone for a few hours, and I got the same message: "Attempting to copy to the disk "GB" failed. The disk could not be read or written to." Another message also came up saying the wrong drive is inserted: please insert drive G. It was not unplugged or anything like that, so I'm not sure why that's now happening.
GB

#4 brooksey!!!

brooksey!!!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:24 AM

It seems I can no longer put anything onto the ipod. Is there a way to do a more in depth restore? Perhaps a complete format?

#5 brooksey!!!

brooksey!!!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:36 AM

Right, I tried formatting it in My Computer, but the same thing keeps happening: I try to put songs on, and it freezes up at one song.
Anyone know whats happening?

#6 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:22 AM

Connect your iPod and goto:

Start>right click on my computer>Manage

A window opens, on the left side look for Storage.
Under storage look for Disk Management.

You can view the disk of your iPod from here, and if its healthy. If it needs to be reformatted you can do that from there, also if its not initialized, you can do that from there also, it must be initialized to format, if you cant initialize, you need a new iPod. If it doesnt show up there on windows XP, try Vista. If neither operating system allows you to view the iPod then its def broken.

When you turn your ipod on to listen to music, what does it do/dsplay?
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#7 brooksey!!!

brooksey!!!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

Right! An update on the situation. I talked to my Music Technology teacher (who is a Apple Certified legend) to see if he could do anything about it. It turns out, he found an ipod of the last generation a year ago, (with a HDD of 30GB, rather than my 80GB, but i decided i can manage). Unfortunately the headphone jack was broken inside this ipod so the signal only went through one side. I decided I may as well try and replace the hard drive. I swapped them out, But as the ipod classic case is SO much harder than it's predecessor to remove, and the screen was damaged quite severely during this process. So I decided to make a Frankinpod. I swapped out the headphone jack from my working ipod into the new-old Frankinpod. I then put the hard drive in, screwed it all together, put some of the buffers back in place and pieced it together. I am currently updating it with my own music now.
Happy days!
Thanks for your post, but i have managed to get around the problem! Your help was appreciated - thanks ever so much for taking an interest.
GB
P.S, i had a little victory dance when the first song I played on my new frankinpod was the A-Team Theme music!
Thanks again s1lents0ul!

Edited by brooksey!!!, 08 June 2010 - 12:32 PM.

#8 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:05 AM

LOL the A-Team!!

Your welcome!
==]--s1lents0ul-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users