Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Guitar Mod Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brooksey!!!

brooksey!!!

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:39 AM

Hello,
I currently have a Fender Strat (Squier affinity) that i have had for close to 10 years now. I have decided i want to modify it somehow.
First off, i need to find a new pickguard.
I am incredibly specific with what i want:
Strat Tortoise shell 3 ply pickguard, with Humbucker bridge cut. Does anyone know where i can find one of these to these exact specifications? I can lose the 3 ply if its not around anywhere.
Ill post about the pickups I'm looking at after i get some pickguard help!
Cheers for reading,
GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rayj0054

rayj0054

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:21 PM

join the fender forum there are a lot of helpful fellow pickers there i go there a lot for accoustic info i also hav a strar and an old epiphone gibson axe that has beem modded with 2 humbuckers and a lace in the center with a 5 way combined to a 2 way hot switch i play through a line 6 spyder 212 100 watt first edition and get great sounds with both the fender and the gibson.
sorry i got a little carried away but i think you should be able to get info there

#3 brooksey!!!

brooksey!!!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:50 AM

Cool! I'll check it out.
I'm thinking of putting an FSK 401 into the guitar. How versatile is this? do you know?

#4 brooksey!!!

brooksey!!!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:32 AM

It would be cool to build some effects into the guitar...
I was thinking some sort of distortion, or cooler still, some delay? Could you imagine that?!?
It might be awesome to build this into a guitar

Not thinking about it, because it's stupid, but it would be an interesting project.

#5 rayj0054

rayj0054

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:13 PM

hey that wolud be cool built into the guitar but it seems pretty bulky. i get those effects on my spyder i use tape delay alot on rythm backup for 12 bar blues type tunes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users