Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VB Tutorials Official

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NeverGivUpChris

NeverGivUpChris

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:32 AM

Here I have uploaded my A-level course VB tutorials for absolute beginners these tutorial documents will teach you the basic concepts of programming and programming using the VB .NET language.

Requirements:
All tutorials are in Microsoft Word document format. You will need a word processor capable of opening and reading Microsoft Word 2003 documents.

The latest Visual Basic .NET Express IDE this can be downloaded from Microsoft for free here when the tutorial was made the latest version released was 2005. You will also need a Windows Live ID to register Visual Basic .NET Express (this is also free) you will have a Windows Live ID already if you use MSN messenger, Hotmail or Xbox Live.

You will have to meet the following system requirements to run Visual Basic .NET Express
1.6 GHz or faster processor
1024 MB RAM (1.5 GB if running on a virtual machine)
3 GB of available hard-disk space
5400 RPM hard-disk drive
DirectX 9-capable video card running at 1024 x 768 or higher display resolution
Windows XP/Vista/7 32/64 bit

A Brain !!!!!!! (Most important part)

The tutorials can be downloaded from here:
Lessons 1 to 9
Lessons 10 to 19
Lessons 20 to 21

I do not take any any credit for writing the tutorials they are from my A-Level course I will do my best to help resolve your problems if you post them here
I got a grade A in this course so I hope it does for you what it did for me :thumbsup:

Edited by NeverGivUpChris, 04 June 2010 - 03:16 PM.

A Royale With Cheese

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:32 PM

Sweet. Thanks.

When I get a free moment I'll definitely go through that stuff and I'll ask you questions as needed. :thumbsup: I need to wait a bit though as I am going through the malware training.

#3 it.saint

it.saint

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:58 AM

ah thanks a lot for these tutorials i will surely start over them if i get any doubt will post it here for your help

and buddy i wanna ask u one thing whats the difference between vb,vb6 and vb.net, is vb.net the latest version of visual basic?

#4 NeverGivUpChris

NeverGivUpChris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:54 AM

ah thanks a lot for these tutorials i will surely start over them if i get any doubt will post it here for your help

and buddy i wanna ask u one thing whats the difference between vb,vb6 and vb.net, is vb.net the latest version of visual basic?

Yes they are all different versions. The older versions are VB 1 to VB 6 then Microsoft introduced the .NET framework and "VB 7" became VB .NET 2005 then 2008 then the most recent VB .NET 2010
A Royale With Cheese

#5 NeverGivUpChris

NeverGivUpChris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:55 AM

Sweet. Thanks.

When I get a free moment I'll definitely go through that stuff and I'll ask you questions as needed. :thumbsup: I need to wait a bit though as I am going through the malware training.

What is the malware training like ??
A Royale With Cheese

#6 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:00 AM

Thorough, overwhelming at times. I'm early in it and there are a ton of things about computing in general I don't know which would make it easier. But they have it organized really well. They don't just toss you in the deep end and say, "learn to swim NOW."

#7 NeverGivUpChris

NeverGivUpChris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:58 AM

If for whatever reason you cannot install or run Visual Studio 2010 an older version can be downloaded here
A Royale With Cheese

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users