Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problems with my XP and PC !

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joox

joox

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:43 AM

i have been recommend to come here as i have heard it is a good forum and i have a problem my pc which need help with. i have a HP pavilion pc with xp windows which is about 6/7 years old. last fri i was effected/hacked with the fake antivirus virus. i did try to remove using malaware but not sure if it worked and my pc just froze up so i had to restart my pc but it did not start and kept restarting in a loop. tried all safe modes and etc but it still did not boot. i disabled automatic system restart and the error message i got was 0x0000006f.

as im not very good with computers and did not want to lose my personal data, i took out my hard drive and transfered my pics and docs to another pc. i then ran system recovery but now Iím getting ntldr is compressed message.

my xp was built in and i donít have a cd, all i have are 7 cd's which i had to burn myself on the instruction of the retailer which are what i believe to be the same system recovery as the one built in using the f10 key.

do i go ahead and to a full recovery to format my pc or is there a better option. and will my built in system recovery fix the problem this time?

EDIT: Moved from XP to more appropriate Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 04 June 2010 - 07:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:10 AM

First process
Close all open programs - Copy and paste this CheckDisk code into Run Box - Click OK -
It will restart your computer and run a full 5 stage check on your sysyem -
CMD /C ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /R | SHUTDOWN /R /T 30
This should run for 30-45 mins , so please be patient -

#3 joox

joox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:15 AM

windows does not start and now im only getting ntldr is compressed