Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Program to show you hard drive usage?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brooksey!!!

brooksey!!!

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:45 PM

Hi everyone,
I was wondering where all my hard drive space has gone today, and I wondered if a program that could show you what was on the hard drive existed. Kind of like a pie chart of your hard drive - each segment belonging to different categories.
Does something like this exist? It would be great to know where all the space has gone so I can delete some rubbish.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,780 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:33 PM

Take a look here: SequoiaView

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 mattbirk

mattbirk

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:02 PM

Check this out as well: WinDirStat

#4 CidBahamut

CidBahamut

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:13 PM

I highly recommend SpaceMonger v1.4 . It's simple, lightweight and shows you exactly where all your space went.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,780 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

I see it listed as SpaceMonger 2.1.1 But also see that it does not support anything beyond XP. So be advised of those limitations. While it does get excellent reviews on XP and below OS's.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 CidBahamut

CidBahamut

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:13 AM

I see it listed as SpaceMonger 2.1.1 But also see that it does not support anything beyond XP. So be advised of those limitations. While it does get excellent reviews on XP and below OS's.

I know it works on my Windows 7 laptop at work as well as Windows Server 2003 since I've used it to find multi-GB log files before. It's really so basic that I don't see how the newer OS's could really hinder it; especially since they're using the same file system(NTFS). Find file, find size of file, make pretty picture. BAM. Done.

v1.4 is found here: http://www.sixty-five.cc/download/
Click on the free software tab and scroll down, second one from the bottom.

#7 brooksey!!!

brooksey!!!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:18 AM

Excellent! It seems there's something for everything out there!
Thanks a lot guys! Great help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users