Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blue screen with message 0x0000007e

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hogsfan5

Hogsfan5

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:43 PM

Last night the dreaded Microsoft security suite virus popped up (I've dealt with it before) and before long everything I tried to do including task manager was found as a threat, so I could only restart my computer. When I restarted, a blue screen came up, keeping me out of regular and safe mode. When I tried to load safemode at the bottom it said 'press ESC to stop SPTD.sys from loading' and it started up fine. I went into driver manager and uninstalled the busted plug-in and was able to log on to windows normally. Everything worked well for a few minutes, then the virus sprouted up again forcing me to restart. This time the blue screen had the message 0x0000007E, and I can't find any way to fix it. I updated and ran Malwayre Bytes Anti Malware and deleted the 8 problems it found, but that didn't do much help. The message tells me to check disk space (which is fine) and try to update BIOS drivers. The frustrating part is whenever I try to update my BIOS from dell.com I get the error message 'Server can not be found' This happens when I try to run windows update as well.
I am running a Dimension 9150

I don't know what all I need to tell you, so if there is any information that you need just ask and I'll do my best to provide it! I've been working non stop for nearly 7 hours now to try and find an answer, but everything I've found just falls short.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Randy

Edited by Orange Blossom, 03 June 2010 - 10:12 PM.
Move to AII from XP ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:18 AM

Hi, its not clear from your description if you are able to boot into windows now or not. When does this BSOD occur?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users