Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware issue Win XP2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kubrick007

Kubrick007

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:08 PM

I had a fairly bad malware problem that after running adaware, spybot, hijackthis, and spyhunter was never resolved. Even when not running IE, Firefox, or Chrome, pop-up errors would end up on the screen. After asking a family member "IT expert" I was told the best bet is to run combofix. My cousin (and I) are idiots because I did just that. I ran combofix and restarted the computer. After restarting the computer, the taskbar became gray, the internet has no connection (just exclamation point overlying the internet icon in the bottom right bar) and overall it looks like I am on an old version of windows (for ex, windows explorer bar and all others have an old appearing theme). So I showed the combofix log to my cousin and he has no clue what to do with it at this point (needless to say, either do I).

At this point, I have read several threads without being able to understand or fix my problem.

I am requesting help and I am not sure if this is on volunteer basis but would pay someone if they could fix the problem.

I have not uploaded anything because I don't want to inundate any potential helpers with details that may be useless. Also after reading more about Combofix, I do not recommend to anyone to use it without a "Combofix" expert. Basic IT knowledge is probably not sufficient to fix issues with Combofix.

Please let me know what information I can provide to help resolve this issue.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,946 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

Hello,

If you able to retrieve it, please post the ComboFix log as a reply here. I'll merge it to your initial topic then remove my response so your topic doesn't get lost.

Orange Blossom fruits_cherry.gif
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,946 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:07 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is now closed.

In case you still have problems, please start a new topic.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users